06 Nights / 07 Days
Muscat, Wadi, Wahiba Sands & Rass Al Hadd
- 3 Nights’ accommodation in Muscat
- 1 Night accommodation at Jebel Shams
- 1 Night accommodation at Wahiba Sands
- 1 Night accommodation at Ras Al Hadd
- Daily breakfast except day 1
- Meals as per ititnerary
- City tour of Muscat on private basis
- City tour of Nizwa on private basis
- Dune diving in Wahiba Sands on private basis
- Turtle watching in Ras Al Jinz on private basis
- City tour of Sur on private basis
- Return airport transfers on private basis
- International air ticket, Domestic ticket if any, Airport taxes
- Visa charges, Over-seas Mediclaim Insurance.
- Meals other than those specified (if any).
- Tips, Laundry, telephone, optional excursions and other items of a personal nature.
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal use.
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary ‘TOUR PRICE INCLUDES’ head.
Day 1: Arrive Muscat
Upon arrival you will be transferred to the hotel. In the evening, you can opt for a Twilight Dhow Cruise experience (optional). An unforgettable Muscat sunset from a traditional Arabian boat which will give you a wonderful view of the rocky shorelines and sandy bays at dusk, set against the dramatic backdrop of swaying palms and volcanic mountains. Before heading back, you will stop briefly at a natural cove where you can take photographs of the spectacular beachside Al Bustan Palace Hotel. Enjoy typical Arabic coffees, refreshments and native dates before returning to Muscat’s pier.
Overnight in Muscat
Day 2: Muscat
Today, proceed for a city tour of Muscat. It offers the visitor a unique opportunity to witness a modern commercial centre existing in harmony with its traditional culture. With its natural harbour, Muscat means “Anchorage” & lies in a natural volcanic bowl. Your tour of the Grand Mosque (except Friday) & Bait Al Zubair Museum (except Friday) is a brief introduction that traces Oman’s history and development. Drive along the waterfront Corniche visiting the Fish Market & the colourful Muttrah Souq. Then proceed for a photo stop to the magnificent Al Alam Palace, official palace of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos flanked by the 16th century Portugese forts Mirani & Jalali. (Ladies have to be fully covered and to carry a head scarf and men to wear trousers). Afternoon is at leisure.
Overnight in Muscat (B)
Day 3: Muscat – Nizwa – Jebel Shams
After breakfast, proceed for Jebel Shams. En- route you will visit Nizwa, the former capital of Oman, visit the pretty village of Birkat Al Mauz with its unique Falaj system and date plantations. Drive past the Bahla Fort which has been declared a World Heritage site. At the village of Bahla, one can view potters at work. Proceed to visit the Jabrin Palace where you will capture the medieval atmosphere and marvel at the beautiful hand painted ceilings and carved door frames. Visit Wadi Nakher located in the depth of the deepest canyon. Head for Jebel Shams and pass by the village of Wadi Ghul with its stone dwellings. One can spot the local weavers selling their goat hair rugs woven on traditional looms. Enjoy the spectacular view from Jebel Shams with a vertical drop of 1000 meters to the Wadi below.
Overnight stay at Jebel Shams (B, D)
Day 4: Jebel Shams – Wahiba Sands
Today morning is at leisure. you can opt for a small trek if so inclined and admire the awe inspiring scenery. Later, proceed to Wahiba Sands, a vast mass of undulating red and White Sea of sand and dunes rising upto 200 meters, which are, also host to a variety of flora and fauna. Overnight at Jebel Shams (B, D)
Day 5: Wahiba Sands – Ras Al Hadd
Enjoy sumptuous breakfast at the camp. Engage in the sport of dune driving in the Wahiba Sands. Later depart for Ras Al Hadd. Take a turn off the main road to the scenic Wadi Bani Khalid with its deep blue pools of water fringed by the date palms which is an ideal spot to relax or enjoy a refreshing swim. Continue your journey to Ras Al Hadd and check into the hotel. At night, you will be taken to the Ras Al Jinz Scientific Centre where you will watch the turtles nesting on the sands.
Overnight at Ras Al Hadd (B, D)
Day 6: Ras Al Hadd – Sur – Muscat
After breakfast depart for Muscat. En route visit Sur. Visit the ruins of Bibi Miriam’s Tomb that can be seen at the village of Qalhat. Stop at Fins beach for a swim. The next stop is the Bimah Sinkhole, a spectacular limestone crater with blue green water at the bottom. On clear sunny days while driving along the coast one might see sharks in the deep blue water. On arrival in Muscat, check in to the hotel.
Overnight at Muscat (B)
Day 7: Depart Muscat
After breakfast at the hotel you will be transferred from the hotel to Muscat International Airport for your flight back home. (B)
Optional sightseeing (PRICE PER PERSON IN USD)
|Muscat||Twilight Dhow Cruise Experience with transfers on private basis||USD 56||USD 30|
Twilight Dhow Cruise experience
Cruise the Muscat coast, coves and inlets, viewing them as ancient Omani mariners who plied this route for centuries did. Enjoy a brief stop at one of the many natural coves to admire the coastal beauty. Photograph the spectacular Al Bustan Palace Hotel before you return to the marina for your transfer back to the hotel.
Days of Operation: Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Departure Time: 15.00
Departure Point: Hotel pick up
Duration: 2 hrs.
- Hotel Details
|4*||Al Falaj Hotel|
|Jebel Shams||4*||Jabal Shams Height resort||Jabal Shams|
|Wahiba Sands||3*||Sama Al Wasil Camp|
|4*||1000 nights Camp||Eastern Province|
|Ras Al Hadd||3*||Sur Plaza||Sur|
|4*||Ras Al Jinz Reserve||Sur|
- TOUR PRICE (PRICE PER PERSON IN USD)
|CATEGORY||VALIDITY||TWIN SHARE||TRIPLE SHARE||CHILD WITH BED|
|3*||1st -30th April 2017||1117||898||328|
|3*||1st May -30th September 2017||1099||879||328|
- Validity: 1st April – 30th September 2017
- The above price is based on minimum 2 adults travelling together.
- The above price is not valid for travel during trade fair period and special events.
- At this point of time no services are confirmed and the same is subject to availability.
- Maximum 3 persons (adult / child) are allowed per room.
- To proceed with the booking you need to pay Non-Refundable Booking deposit of INR 20,000/- per person which will be adjusted towards the cost of the tour.
- Should the period of travel, or the number of participants, or the type of accommodation, or the type of transport or the duration of the trip, change the quote will be adjusted accordingly.
- GST will be applicable on the total tour cost.
- City tax /Resort fees, if any, needs to be paid locally at the hotel.
- Above cost is valid if the booking is received 30 days prior to travel.